Moms take care of themselves last.
Because we love our babies and our family so much we end up taking a backseat, being the person who eats last and sleeps the least. But self-care for moms is very important. This happy mom challenge is a way remember to take care of yourself.
I’m hopeful that after 30 days you will continue to keep up with some of these and it will be a base for beginning to take care of yourself.
30 Day Happy Mom Challenge
- write down 3 things that are important to you that aren’t your family
- brainstorm how you can incorporate them into your life more, write it down
- learn the 3-1-6 breathing technique that stops your body’s stress response and lowers your heart rate (great to know for when the kids are going crazy!)
- take a nap
- write down 3 things you’re good at
- get outside – we so often get stuck inside the house, the car, the grocery store. but we need fresh air and sunlight.
- go get your favorite treat
- put fresh flowers on your table
- hire someone to deep clean your house
- schedule time to spend alone outside of the house
- get dolled up for no reason
- have a long conversation with an adult
- plan adult time with a friend
- find something funny to watch! there are SO many great specials on Netflix
- find something stressful your life and find a way to eliminate it
- learn how to meditate to clear your head
- enlist ways your family can help more (kids feeding the dogs or doing dishes, husband doing after school activities on Thursdays… etc.)
- find time to walk around the block at least every other day
- brainstorm 2 ways you can simplify your morning routine
- go rent that movie you’ve been dying to see
- make an outloud vow to stop comparing yourself or your life to others
- add one healthy habit to your life
- make sure YOU are getting a good breakfast, not just your kids
- put your phone down – no social media for a day
- take a long, warm bubble bath complete with candles
- brainstorm some things you might want to learn to do (play an instrument, garden, run a 5K etc)
- pick one of the activities you listed – go ahead and start making plans on how you can accomplish it!
- find a good book to read
- find 2 mantras you’ll repeat to yourself each day like, “If I do nothing today besides hug my kids, then I’ve done enough.” or “The decisions made by other moms do not need to dictate mine”
- start the de-clutter challenge – science clutter makes us more stressed and depressed so get that taken care of asap!
Want to print a copy for yourself? Just click here and print.
I know that we have busy schedules and things that we can’t control (sick kids, etc.) so feel free to totally go out of order on this or even take days off in between. You shouldn’t get stressed about this!
Here are some INCREDIBLE books that I think you will love to read!