A few weeks ago we took our last visit to the pool for the year. I took the kids to this same pool the weekend before and they were total angels. Perfectly behaved. Since it’s the closest pool to us we went again this weekend and although Brady was just as well behaved as he was the previous visit, Paityn was not.
Maybe the thrill of the pool had dissipated or maybe she was just feeling extra toddler-ish that day. I’m not sure the reason, but playing in the pool was not on her list of things to do while at the pool.
Here is what she did have in mind:
1. Play in the drinking fountain. There is a huge body of water right here that is perfectly designed for you to splash and play. Instead? You would much rather stand in front of the public drinking fountain, push the button and stick your hand in the water.
2. Take her bathing suit off. I’m not letting you get naked at the pool, little girl.
3. Get out and run a 100 meter sprint. Why would anyone want to play in the water when they can work on their future track career on slippery concrete while barefoot?
4. Go find her shoes. For some reason she was obsessed with going and retrieving her shoes. I’d put them back beside our pool chairs, and she would go get them again. Over and over.
5. Snack. I like snacking, too, don’t get me wrong, but once we started eating she refused to stop and get back in the pool. Silly me for not saving snack time until the very end.