Have you considered creating homemade Mothers Day gifts this year? I’m actually pondering the idea since I found these awesome crafts. It seems like most of the things I see are super cute for a child to create, but nothing that doesn’t involve finger paint or ModPodge.
Not that there’s anything wrong with finger paint or ModPodge, but my mom would probably laugh if I handed her something made from popsicle sticks.
Homemade Mothers Day Gifts (Of The Non-Cheesy Variety)
1. Gorgeous Gold Coffee Mug – Use a metallic gold paint pen and a stencil to create a personalized mug for mom. From LaurenConrad.com
2. Salt Scrub – You can easily make your own salt scrub with a few things from your local store. From Soap Deli News.
3. Photo Recreation – Find a photo of you and your mother and recreate it with your children. Frame them as a special gift for mom. From Freckles in April.
4. Thumbprint Necklace – She can take a little piece of you with her everywhere with this DIY necklace that’s super easy to make. From Momasaurus.
5. Custom Coasters – Use scrabble pieces to spell out meaningful messages or family members names to make coasters. From WeddingBee.com
6. Birds Nest Necklace – I’ve actually made this before and it’s not difficult at all. Follow these instructions from Craft Gawker to make this birthstone necklace.
7. Mason Jar Photo Frame – Attach a photo to a colorful mason jar and fill it with flowers for mom. From Home Stories A to Z.
BONUS: Here are some handmade gift tags you can print to go along with all of your homemade Mothers Day gifts!
Whatever you give your mom, whether it’s homemade, store-bought or just a simple hug – she will adore it. You’re her best gift ever. 🙂
Oh and here’s even more!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.