Have you considered creating homemade Mothers Day gifts this year? I’m actually pondering the idea since I found these awesome crafts. It seems like most of the things I see are super cute for a child to create, but nothing that doesn’t involve finger paint or ModPodge.
Not that there’s anything wrong with finger paint or ModPodge, but my mom would probably laugh if I handed her something made from popsicle sticks.
Homemade Mothers Day Gifts (Of The Non-Cheesy Variety)
1. Gorgeous Gold Coffee Mug – Use a metallic gold paint pen and a stencil to create a personalized mug for mom. From LaurenConrad.com
2. Salt Scrub – You can easily make your own salt scrub with a few things from your local store. From Soap Deli News.
3. Photo Recreation – Find a photo of you and your mother and recreate it with your children. Frame them as a special gift for mom. From Freckles in April.
4. Thumbprint Necklace – She can take a little piece of you with her everywhere with this DIY necklace that’s super easy to make. From Momasaurus.
5. Custom Coasters – Use scrabble pieces to spell out meaningful messages or family members names to make coasters. From WeddingBee.com
6. Birds Nest Necklace – I’ve actually made this before and it’s not difficult at all. Follow these instructions from Craft Gawker to make this birthstone necklace.
7. Mason Jar Photo Frame – Attach a photo to a colorful mason jar and fill it with flowers for mom. From Home Stories A to Z.
BONUS: Here are some handmade gift tags you can print to go along with all of your homemade Mothers Day gifts!
Whatever you give your mom, whether it’s homemade, store-bought or just a simple hug – she will adore it. You’re her best gift ever. 🙂