The last week has been trying. Really, really trying. I’m sick of the hospital and sick of being away from my son. Oh, and also physically sick – as in vomiting for several hours Wednesday night. And worrying incessantly about the rest of my family who caught the bug and I wasn’t there to care for. Yea, I had my limit.
I’ve cried and cried and cried. I told my husband I was done, that I couldn’t do it anymore, that I was coming home. So, I called in the nurse practitioner and told her through my tears that I needed to go and I couldn’t wait until Sunday for the doctor to check my cervix and make his weekly decision. I asked to get off my contraction meds and check me sooner. He agreed to do it today. I geared myself up for leaving even though I knew it wouldn’t happen.
Since my check on Monday my cervix shortened more, measuring once at 1.1cm and once only in millimeters. And the big issue, my funneling was much worse. They rate it in letters, mine being considered a “U”, which is the worse case. Essentially, the top of my cervix is open and the bag of water is bulging down – like what you see here: