It’s been about a year now since I crossed off number 72 on my life list by getting a meaningful tattoo. I chose to get my kids names on my rib cage in cursive lettering and I adore it. I love all of these amazing mom tattoos I keep seeing and scooped up all of my favorites. If it didn’t hurt so bad the first time around, maybe I’d get one or two or a hundred more.
I bought a pack of Tattify DIY Temporary Tattoo Paper and actually got to wear my tattoo for a few days to see if I liked it! This stuff is so genius if you’re contemplating a tattoo.
1. Chelsey has this pretty script font of her daughters name on her forearm.
2. My kids names on my left rib cage. (The font I used here is CK cursive.)
3. Another forearm tat with kids names in a script font. This is beautiful.
4. This simple script font on the wrist is lovely.
5. Here is another cursive font, this one on the shoulder.
6. Children’s birth dates on the back of the neck. Beautiful!
7. I like using roman numerals for dates and this one on her collar bone is gorgeous.
8. I wouldn’t have thought to spell out a birth date but this is a unique and adorable idea.
Sayings & Symbols
10. And another.
11. Danty black birds, each one symbolizing a child.
12. This sweet tattoo is the Celtic symbol for Motherhood.
I cannot find the original source for many of these, so if I have mentioned your tattoo here and you have a blog, Instagram, etc that I can source please let me know!