My family and I love Shark Week! Every year we make fun treats and gather together on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn to watch. My son especially loves Shark Week.
This year I made a fun adult-friendly jello shot to celebrate. Don’t worry, these can very easily be kid-friendly by omitting the alcohol.
Shark Week Bloody Jello Shots
To make these you will need:
- One box of blue Jello (I chose cotton candy but any flavor will do)
- 1 cup of Rum (or vodka or any alcohol that sounds good!)
- Gummy Sharks
- Liquid red food dye
- 2 oz plastic snack cups
- Make your Jello as directed, substituting the water for alcohol.
- Place a gummy shark at the bottom of your cup and fill with the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for about 45 minutes, then add one drop of red dye.
- Use a toothpick or popsicle stick to spread the dye around to look like blood.
If you decide to make these for the kids, you can make them less of a “shot” and more of a “cup” by putting them inside the larger 5.5 oz plastic snack cups. Then, they can eat them with a spoon instead of as a shot.
They’re also good if you add a little whipped cream on top!
If you haven’t got enough shots, you can also try these yummy Fish Bowl Jello Shots.
However you enjoy Shark Week, have a blast!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.