Do you have a hard time getting your kids to eat certain veggies? The current nemesis at our house is carrots. Really, I can’t blame them, I’m not a fan of that particular orange vegetable either. The cool thing though, is that I can feed them carrots without them ever even knowing.
Shhh… don’t tell them! The secret are these crazy good carrot and brown sugar muffins.
How to Make Carrot & Brown Sugar Muffins
Here is what you need to make these incredibly healthy and delicious muffins your kids will love.
- 1 cup of unpacked brown sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of baby food carrots
- 1/4 cup of squished banana
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
I used the new C&H® Pourable Brown Sugar for this recipe which means I didn’t have to pack it. If you use a conventional brown sugar you will need to pack the sugar.
The other thing that is awesome about this particular sugar is that it has a pourable lid. That means no more digging into a plastic bag and making a big mess. You also have no worries about rock hard brown sugar. It stays perfectly sealed and lump-free until the next time you need it. (Here’s a coupon if you want to try it yourself!). If you live in the eastern US, look instead for C&H’s sister brand, Domino® Sugar on store shelves.
If you are up for it, you can steam and purée your own carrots. For me, if I’m already committing to spending time in the kitchen baking muffins from scratch, the last thing I want to do is purée vegetables.
- Mix the brown sugar with your carrots, banana, peanut butter and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake on 350 for about 15 minutes.
I also suggest having a super cute toddler help you. I pre-measure all the ingredients out so she can easily grab the containers and just dump them in.
I have to start doubling this recipe because they are gone within a day. I promise I’m not being biased when I tell you that they are so, so very good. My kids keep sneaking into the kitchen to grab more and more!
What’s your favorite way to use brown sugar? Leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card!
-CONTEST HAS ENDED-
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including a disclosure that your Tweet is a sweepstakes entry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.