I am crazy over all of these incredible play spaces! I know my kids would just love to have one of these in our backyard. Secret hide-aways, outdoor chalkboards, in-ground trampolines – I would be parent of the year for sure if I created a backyard like one of these.
Here are my favorite play spaces I’m adding to my list of amazing DIY projects.
Outdoor Play Spaces
1. This little hideaway is just slightly off the ground and was totally handmade (which means it is doable!) Follow the directions to make your own and blow your kids mind. From The Handmade Home.
2. Building a large outdoor chalkboard is a pretty easy project for a really fun result. Add a small pool for playing with sail boats and refilling water guns! From Apartment Therapy.
3. This backyard has an inground trampoline, a pool and a pretty sweet play set. I think it’s safe to say this is a kids backyard haven! From All Things Thrifty.
4. Since this isn’t written in English, I’m unsure what it says. But this colorful kid-friendly backyard is pretty incredible. It is perfectly sized for little kids and even has a handmade tree swing.
5. This family created a designated exploration station, which is a section of the yard with accessories, tools, rocks and plants that are all OK to dig and play with. Love this concept. From Modern Parents Messy Kids.
6. This is so fun! I never would have thought to make an outdoor science lab but this one is awesome. Give them all the supplies they need to concoct magic potions and learn all about science over their summer break. From TP Craft.
7. This kids lounger would be perfect for summer days!
8. This is so adorable! This tiny treehouse is such a fun little place for kids to play and imagine in the backyard. I could totally see my kids having mini camping adventures out there! From Made with Happy.
9. Do you let your kids play in the mud? It’s so fun and surprisingly good for their health. Set up a mud kitchen and let them make all sorts of fun stuff. From Learn With Play At Home.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.