It’s almost back to school time! Crazy how fast the summer goes every year isn’t it? I thought it would fun today to talk about the kinds of moms you see on the first day of school each year. (We’ve covered moms at preschool drop-off and moms at Target already.)
I asked other mama’s and my friends on Facebook how they feel on this particular day. Here’s what we came up with – what do you think? (To be honest, I’ll bet almost everyone is a big mixture of all of these. So many emotions!)
Moms You See On The First Day of School
(affiliate links included)
1. Emotional Mom. Her baby is another year older and although she is aware of this fact, occasions like this shove it right in her face and force her to acknowledge it. She’ll cry a lot today.
2. Kindergarten Mom. She falls into a sub-category of emotional mom. This is the first of the first, the emotional of all emotional. The symbolism of starting school proves to her that this little one really isn’t a baby anymore, even though she still calls him that sometimes. She will try to keep her tears on hold until she has left the building so she doesn’t upset him, but they’re coming and they will fall hard.
3. Scrapbook Mom. Her child is holding an adorable handmade chalkboard sign with his name and grade on it. She’s holding a bulky camera and documenting every step and every detail from the monogrammed backpack to his brand new shoes.
4. Nervous Mom. Will she know how to find her classroom? Will she make new friends? Will she have someone to it with at lunch? Will she be able to get her buttons buttoned and her laces tied? So many questions and so many fears go through this moms head. She will cross her fingers and hope for the best while she bites her nails and watches the clock waiting for 3pm.
5. Excited Mom. It’s been a looooong summer and although it was fun, she is so ready for the structure that the school year brings. She is happy to have her kiddo back on a regular sleeping pattern and to hear, “I’m bored!” a lot less.
I’ll end this the same way I end each one, reminding you that NO MATTER what kind of mom you are, you are the best. Keep doing what you’re doing!
Tell me in the comments how you think you’ll be feeling this year. Remember this is a friendly community – hateful and nasty comments will absolutely be deleted.
You deserve to (and truly can) thrive as a mama. The Organic Parenting e-course is unconventional, deep, personal, spiritual and powerfully effective.