1. Left work early – had enough already.
2. Watched Nights in Rodathe at a girlfriends house.
3. Gasped when I found YooHoo in her fridge.
4. Slept in Saturday morning – refused to get up after several attempts by Hubby.
5. Scrubbed the house top to bottom because my mom was coming to visit.
6. Ordered in Italian food.
7. Baked mini strawberry cheesecakes for my little brother.
8. Tried to stay up for SNL but didn’t last.
9. Dreamt that nothing was ready when mom came to visit – the food, the house etc.
10. Guy and I made lunch – bbq brisket, baked beans and potato salad.
11. My mom, step-dad and little brother drove up for a visit.
12. Took a scooter ride with the whole family – mom did a lot of screaming.
13. Said goodbye to my family.
14. Changed into pajamas and plopped on the couch.
15. He fell asleep rubbing my head, his hand in my hair.
Sher Bailey is a writer in the Midwest who believes the power of humor, Mod Podge, and grandkids can fix most problems in life. You can find her at SherBailey.com.