We love making playdough! Now that I’ve got hooked on essential oils for our family, I started adding that in our recipe! My favorite oil right now is called Stress Away and since it’s so calm and soothing, I thought it would be the perfect oil to use.
How To Make Stress Away Playdough
This recipe is a slight adaptation from my usual playdough recipe.
- 1 c. of flour
- 1/8 c. of salt
- 1/2 c. of water
- 1 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 10-15 drops of green food coloring
- 5-10 drops of Stress Away essential oil (there’s a great wholesale deal here)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, using only half a cup of the flour.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and add in the oil.
- Immediately mix the water/oil mixture into your flour mixture and stir.
- You will add in the remaining half cup of flour and knead it in until it is the consistency you like.
- Add your green food coloring.
- Once the dough is cool, add in your essential oils.
My kids loved this and I am not kidding when I tell you that this kept Paityn occupied off and on for over and hour and a half!
If you want to purchase any of these oils for yourself you can become a customer here (totally free) and even sign-up as a wholesale member and get 11 essential oils, a diffuser and a bunch of other goodies for only $160. I have more info for you here if you want it!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.