Your dogs are going to love these easy homemade dog treats with pumpkin and peanut butter! I always say if my puppy could tell me anything it would be 1) Feed Me and 2) I Hate Fleas.
I like coming with new DIY dog treat recipes like this one. This has two of their favorite ingredients in all the world: peanut butter and pumpkin.
This recipe was sponsored by PetArmor, all opinions expressed are my own.
Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- 2 cups flour (preferably whole wheat)
- ½ to 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a large bowl. You can whisk the eggs in a separate bowl or simply stir them into the recipe whole. The dough shouldn’t be wet – it should be fairly dry. However, you’ll need to be able to roll it out, so add water by the tablespoon if you need a little moisture.
- Once your dough has reached the proper consistency, roll it into a ½ inch thick sheet.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter to shape your dog treats. If you have parchment paper, use it to line your baking pan. If not, put them directly onto the sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done. Let the treats cool before feeding your dog or putting away. Store these in a resealable plastic bag or container for up to a week.
Your dogs are going to love these!
The problem with fleas is that they are such a bear to get rid of once you’ve got them. Your dogs are completely miserable and your house is infested. I swear there was one time I thought, let’s just move and start over. Ugh.
Over the years and many mistakes later, I’ve learned the most important step in taking care of fleas –> Don’t get them. Ha!
We spend so much time outside over the warm months (my dogs love for me to blow bubbles for them, isn’t that hilarious?) and if I don’t treat them they are bound to get fleas.
PetArmor® Plus is vet-quality, killing fleas, their eggs and larvae, plus ticks and chewing lice for 30 days.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.