Easy Homemade Jewelry Cleaner with just two ingredients that you’ve probably got at home right now.
It only takes a few minute and your rings will shine again.
Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
My wedding ring always looks so dirty and dingy. I remember the way it sparkled in the jewelry store lighting and want it to look that way always.
I have a simple concoction I use to clean my jewelry quick and it works every time. Here it is.
How To Make Jewelry Cleaner
This is incredibly easy to make and you only need two things (well, three if you count water.)
- Dawn Dish Soap – I swear by Dawn because I just think it cleans better than the rest but my assumption is that another brand would work fine for this.
- Salt – Just regular ‘ole table salt.
- Grab a bowl and pour 1 cup of hot water in. (Like, super duper hot.)
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of salt and stir.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of dish soap and stir.
- Drop your jewelry in to sit for 20 minutes. Pull it out and check on it to see if it might need more time. If there are some hard to get to places, use an old toothbrush to give it a scrub.
- Pull it out, rinse and let air dry.
Here are some more great ideas to check out:
13 DIY Baby Products (like diaper cream, shampoo, etc.)
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.