We love making playdough! Now that I’ve got hooked on essential oils for our family, I started adding that in our recipe! My favorite oil right now is called Stress Away and since it’s so calm and soothing, I thought it would be the perfect oil to use.
How To Make Stress Away Playdough
This recipe is a slight adaptation from my usual playdough recipe.
- 1 c. of flour
- 1/8 c. of salt
- 1/2 c. of water
- 1 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 10-15 drops of green food coloring
- 5-10 drops of Stress Away essential oil (there’s a great wholesale deal here)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, using only half a cup of the flour.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and add in the oil.
- Immediately mix the water/oil mixture into your flour mixture and stir.
- You will add in the remaining half cup of flour and knead it in until it is the consistency you like.
- Add your green food coloring.
- Once the dough is cool, add in your essential oils.
My kids loved this and I am not kidding when I tell you that this kept Paityn occupied off and on for over and hour and a half!