This afternoon had much better news than yesterday. My cervix was measuring just a bit longer than the day before which is great. It just can’t go any lower. The dr decided to cancel my cerclage for tomorrow because it is too risky. The chance of breaking my water is too great.
Since we won’t be doing surgery I was able to get off the antibiotics and have the IV removed. I was so relieved to have it gone! My arm is still sore.
So, from here it means I sit around. I finished up the steroids and my cervix will be checked next Monday. Until then? I lay in the bed and try to keep pressure off my uterus. We will monitor for contractions and listen to baby girls heart every 12 hours. It’s a huge bore fest. I’m looking forward to some quality time with hubby and baby boy this weekend.
I want to give big bear hugs to everyone that has been praying and leaving comments here, on twitter and Facebook. And of course the calls and texts. It means so much to feel supported through all of this.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.