Here I go trying to be crafty again. Like normal, I am going to preface this by saying that if I did it, it’s obviously easy. Maybe one day I’ll be a DIY pro like I am in my dreams, but for now I stick to the basics.
I saw few craft stick crafts on Pinterest and I think I even saw some sort of picture puzzle. Honestly I can’t remember, but I’m sure I didn’t just make this up on my own. (Nor did I follow any type of actual instruction.) I tend to just wing these sort of things.
DIY Photo Puzzle
Craft sticks (probably should have used the wider ones)
A photo printed on regular printer paper
Foam brush (or you can just wad up some paper towels like me (this is for painting on the ModPodge))
1) Line up your sticks to the width you need for the photo.
2) Put a long strip of tape over the top and bottom to hold it together for the time being.
3) Wipe ModPodge all over the sticks.
4) Place the photo on the sticks.
5) Add another layer of ModPodge on top.
6) Let it dry.
7) Take the tape off.
8) Use your exacto knife to cut down each line.
9) Put it back together.
See? Told you it was easy. I think the only thing I would have done different is use larger sticks and waited a whole day to cut it. It was definitely dry when I cut, but I think it needed to set longer. Have fun!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.