This DIY project is so easy and so inexpensive! It costs me under $5 total for the entire thing and I think the results are so cute.
I grabbed a $1 glass vase from the Target Dollar Spot a few weeks ago hoping to come up with something crafty to do with it. I thought about spray paint but the last time I did that it didn’t turn out so well. (It was pretty much disastrous.) Then, I saw a pin on Pinterest of a mason jar wrapped in yarn and I thought, bingo!
DIY Twine Wrapped Jar
What You’ll Need:
- Glass Jar
- Twine or yarn
- Glue (I used regular ‘ole Elmer’s)
- Start at the bottom by gluing the beginning piece of the twine.
- After it has completely dried, wrap around the jar until you get the thickness you’d like.
- Each time you stop and start a color of string, glue it down and wait for it to dry.
- For the last piece – the top – glue the entire piece of twine down.
- Fill it with flowers and enjoy!
This was really a super easy craft with great results. I love taking these simple $1 finds from Target and upcyling them into something awesome.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.