This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Famous Footwear. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are you worried about how you’re going to get everyone out the door on time when school starts? Yeah, me too.
Parents have a lot to get done in order to make it to school and work without being late and so I wanted to share some simple tips. Your mornings can be smooth and you can get out the door on time without being out of breath!
How To Get Out The Door On Time
1. Don’t just prepare your kids outfits for the next day, prepare their socks and shoes also. I can’t tell you how much time we end up spending when we realize we have misplaced the left shoe. Oh my goodness… the places they are hiding! The other day we found one in a suitcase. Why was it in a suit case when we were not traveling anywhere? I have no idea.
Sit shoes out by the door with a pair of socks (if needed) inside. That way if you have to spend 45 minutes on a shoe search, you don’t do it with five minutes left on the clock.
2. Make lunches the night before. I know, I know, your nights are just as busy as your mornings. But anything you can take off your plate in the morning will feel like a relief. Plus, you’ll be happy it’s already done if you happen to oversleep.
3. Music. I heard a really awesome tip recently which is to play fun and upbeat music while you get ready! If your kids are slow moving in the morning and you need to put a little pep in their step this is a lot of fun. Put on your favorite Pandora station and I’ll be they start moving a little quicker.
4. Moms, slip on shoes – enough said. Wearing these cute shoes always puts a little pep in my step when I’m walking out the door. For some woman it’s lipstick, for me, it’s awesome shoes!
These Women’s Chuck Taylor All Star Shoreline Slip On from Famous Footwear are my new favorite, and they come in the most beautiful colors. We usually take our kids back to school shoe shopping each year and mom and dad should be included! Hey, kids aren’t the only ones that should get to start the school year off in style. I feel excited to start my day in these beauties!
Check them out on Instagram!
5. Figure out how long it really takes your kids to get ready. If you notice that on average once you’ve woken them up they want to lay in bed for an additional 15 minutes, then allot for it.
Set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier so that the time they need to squirm around in bed can happen without them getting into trouble and feeling rushed. They will never know you’re waking them up any earlier.
I hope you have a super year and can use these tips to get out the door on time every day, maybe even in an awesome pair of new shoes.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.