I will admit that these homemade popsicles were never intended to look like Ninja Turtles. I was trying to make a healthy but great tasting popsicle for my kids and when I was done I thought, whoa – these look like Raphael! Brady agreed.
Ninja Turtles Healthy Homemade Popsicles
I love the Green Machine Naked Juice. It is so good and it is full of healthy stuff – 2 apples, 1/2 a banana, wheatgrass, broccoli, spinach plus more good stuff. There are definitely things in that drink that I don’t normally eat. My kids definitely don’t eat it either. I have no problem drinking the juice because it’s delicious, but I couldn’t convince my kids to drink this green concoction.
So I put it in a popsicle. Works every time…
How To Make Them
- Pour a little bit of Green Machine into your popsicle mold
- Let it sit in the freezer until it is solid
- While it’s freezing, take a handful of raspberries and blend them in a blender or food processor
- Put a scoop of blended raspberries over the green layer.
- Let that sit in the freezer until it is solid
- Once it’s starting to freeze, add your last layer of Green Machine and freeze
My kids devoured these and I’ll admit, I might have ate a few as well. They are incredibly easy to make and are full of great stuff. Plus, when you can tell them it’s Raphael, they love it even more!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.