Zombie Cupcakes are the most fun Halloween treat to make for kids! They’re totally easy to make, too.
If you are looking for a super awesome Halloween party idea, this is it! We love recipes that you simply can’t mess up. And since these are creepy, ugly zombie guys, you do NOT need to be neat and tidy with your decor.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix + ingredients listed
- 1 tub of white frosting
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Green gel food coloring
- 24 cupcake liners
- Black gel icing or frosting
- Wilton red sparkle gel
- Large Halloween candy eyes – We used a combo of these, these and these.)
Next, we decorate their funny little faces with an assortment of eyeballs, black squiggly mouths and red gel icing blood.
Again, this is the best part, they are not supposed to be pretty! Kids can go crazy and decorate their own zombie cupcakes.
- Line two 12 count cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine the cake mix ingredients according to package directions for cupcakes and bake according to package directions.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- Scoop the white frosting into a dish and add 3 drops of yellow food coloring and 1 drop of green (3:1 ratio). Stir to combine and repeat if needed.
- Generously frost each cupcake with the bright green frosting.
- Give each Zombie two eyes.
- Use the black gel icing to make a mouth (or black frosting)
- Use the Wilton red Sparkle gel icing to finish the Zombie with some ‘blood’.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
These would be really fun to bring to a school Halloween party. Even better, it could be an activity for each kiddo to make their own zombie!
After these, you should try our Jack Skellington Mini Apple Pies, they’re awesome! Enjoy your Zombie Cupcakes and Happy Halloween!
Pin It for Later
We love to feature guest articles written by fantastic authors. Do you want to be a guest contributor? Email email@example.com