I am really excited about this happiness challenge. I am a strong believer in little things making a big impact in our lives, we just don’t always notice it.
So I wanted to make a simple yet effective happiness challenge that wouldn’t take a lot of effort but would be things we could weave into our everyday. They say it takes 30 days to break a habit and you need to make it a habit to be happy! (affiliate links included)
(Make sure you check out the de-clutter challenge, too!)
Beyond doing these activities everyday, I suggest two more things as well…
Number one: write down three things you’re thankful for each and everyday. Doing this will train your brain to be looking for the good each day instead of the bad. It is powerful and super effective.
Number two: find some quiet time each day to do some deep breathing and repeat some positive mantras. It really is easy, I promise. Maybe something like, “I am happy. I am strong. I have plenty of money. Good things happen to me.”
Here is the challenge. Pick a day to get started and get going. You can do these out of order if you want to, just make sure you are doing one every single day, no skipping.
- no social media day
- call a friend (not a text)
- listen to your favorite song
- 15 minutes of exercise
- put fresh flowers on your table
- hug someone you love (tight)
- do one small random act of kindness
- watch a funny movie
- dance to happy music
- no complaining all day
- go get your favorite treat
- color a picture
- doll yourself up
- start a new book
- take a walk
- play with your dog (or cat)
- get a pedicure
- spend one on one time with your favorite person
- plant flowers
- go for a drive with no destination
- bake cookies from scratch
- take a nap
- write down things you’re good at
- declutter the busiest room of your home
- buy something you’ve been wanting
- visit a lake
- go out to dinner
- plan a future dream vacation
- take a day off from work
- buy a gift for someone you love
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
If you want to print it out and check them off each day, download this free printable calendar!
This is just a starting point for living a happier and abundant life. I hope this simple 30 day happiness challenge kicks off a lifetime of happiness for you.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.