I love making breakfast special and more sweet! Breakfast is what starts our day, and having something fun and festive for kids every once in a while is a lot of fun. This is perfect for a birthday or a little celebration like losing a tooth or working really hard on a project!
1. One of the quickest and easiest ways to make a special breakfast is to add two ingredients you’ve probably got in the kitchen right now: food coloring and sprinkles. Think about it, just coloring something bright pink or adding festive sprinkles makes it more fun!
I tried this recently with the new Strawberry Toaster Strudel™ that has 30% more icing (don’t you always wish you had more?). I just added a little drop of gel food coloring, mixed it up and added a few sprinkles on top. My kids were instantly excited!
More Special Breakfast Ideas
2. Raspberry Pinwheels. These are beautiful, taste amazing and look just like pinwheels!
3. Birthday Placemat. Print one of these adorable coloring page placemats for a birthday breakfast.
4. Back to School Breakfast. Start the first day of school off right! This extravagant breakfast idea will really blow their minds!
5. Make Kabobs. Take any of their favorite breakfast foods and put it on a stick. You’ll have an instant hit on your hands!
How do you make breakfast sweeter?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by General Mills through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Toaster Strudel™, all opinions are my own.