Using a few simple household ingredients you can make yourself a relaxing DIY Detox Bath that is thought to help flush out some toxins in the body.
DIY Detox Bath
Dim the lights, cue up your favorite calming tunes and let’s take a detox bath.
- Epsom Salt: Known for its rich magnesium content, Epsom salt is renowned for its ability to soothe sore muscles, reduce inflammation, and detoxify the body. It can also promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
- Baking Soda: This household staple helps neutralize chemicals in the water, gently exfoliates the skin, and can aid in balancing pH levels. Baking soda is also known for its skin-soothing properties.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This acidic elixir is fantastic for balancing your skin’s pH levels, helping to cleanse and restore its natural glow.
- Essential Oils: Choose your favorite essential oils based on their therapeutic properties and personal preferences. Lemon is said to help stimulate lymphatic drainage and fight bacetria. (source) Lavender oil is excellent for relaxation and calming the mind, while peppermint oil can invigorate and refresh. Tea tree oil offers antibacterial benefits, and eucalyptus oil can help with congestion and breathing.
How To Make A Detox Bath
- Prepare the Bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water, as warm as you can take it without being uncomfortable.
- Add the Ingredients: As the tub fills, add 1 cup of Epsom salt and ½ cup of baking soda. Stir the water gently to dissolve the ingredients.
- Essential Oils: Once the salt and baking soda have dissolved, add 5-10 drops of your chosen essential oils to the bath. Stir the water again to disperse the oils evenly. Then pour in a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Relax and Soak: Step into the bath and immerse yourself for at least 20-30 minutes. Take slow, deep breaths and allow the detoxifying blend to work its magic. Use this time to unwind, meditate, or simply let go of the day’s stresses.
- Rinse Off: After soaking, gently rinse your body with clean water to remove any residue.
Pro tip: Hydration is key! Make sure you’ve had a glass or two of water before sinking into your spa haven. And don’t forget to hydrate afterward as well – all that relaxing can make you a bit thirsty.
DIY Detox Bath
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- ½ cup Baking Soda
- 5-10 drops Essential Oils
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add epsom salt and baking soda to warm/hot water and let it dissolve.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and essential oil.
- Soak for 20-30 minutes.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.