Transform your home into a love nest with these budget-friendly Valentine’s decor ideas. From colorful candles to pretty shelf sitters, these creative ideas will add a touch of romance to your home without breaking the bank.
10 Budget-Friendly DIY Valentine’s Day Decorations
1. Valentine’s Heart Tree. You’ll need some twigs from your backyard or park and some red and pink paper for hearts. It’ll give you a reason to bundle up and take a brisk walk to find what you need. Idea from Money Fit Moms.
2. DIY Fluffy, Puffy, Coffee Filter Heart Wreath. Most of us have coffee filters in the cupboard and some sort of cardboard lying around. (Cereal or other food boxes are always great!) Forget the coffee filter crafts you’ve seen before because this one looks almost elegant. Idea from HomeTalk.
3. Valentine Yarn Wrapped Trees. Valentine trees like this are popular year after year. You can make this easy DIY while you’re watching your favorite streaming show. Idea from Shaken Together Life.
4. Sweetheart Garland. This unique Valentine’s decor idea is made with a deck of cards and it’s darling. You probably have an old deck of cards somewhere, so pull out all the hearts and you’re halfway there. Idea from Champagne and Sugar Plums.
5. DIY Valentine’s Heart Canvas. I love how versatile this idea is. Use anything from confetti to pretty paper doilies to cut out hearts. A trip to your local Dollar Tree would make this even easier! Idea from Designed Improvised.
6. Valentine Table Runner. This looks incredibly easy and these colors on your dining table or coffee table will pop. Idea from A Night Owl Blog.
7. Framed Valentine Gift Bags. When you see these, you’ll ask yourself why you haven’t tried this one before. So simple and thanks to Dollar Tree, crazy cheap. This Valentine’s decor will look like you bought it readymade. In addition to regular-sized frames, you could grab some tiny frames as well to make something pretty for your tiered trays. Idea from The Crazy Craft Lady.
8. Valentine’s Day Candles. These are cute as can be and no one will know they are DIY… unless you want them to! Idea from Crafty Dutch Girl.
9. Dollar Tree Heart Shelf Sitter. Not only is this inexpensive to make, you can use it year after year. It’s made of wood so it’s going to last as long as you want it to. Idea from Re-Fabbed.
10. Mod Podge Valentine’s Frame. Once again, Dollar Tree comes to the rescue for this super pretty, super affordable decor. Idea from Mod Podge Rocks.
11. Dollar Tree Heart Wreath. This adorable DIY Valentine’s Day Wreath costs less than $5 and under 30 minutes! Love this idea from Prudent Penny Pincher.
12. Folded Paper Hearts. These are adorable and would look so cute across a mantle or your kitchen table. Idea from Design Fixation.
Which budget-friendly Valentine’s decor is your fave?
Sher Bailey is a writer in the Midwest who believes the power of humor, Mod Podge, and grandkids can fix most problems in life. You can find her at SherBailey.com.