Patriotic Cookies are a super easy and festive sugar cookie recipe to make on Memorial Day or 4th of July. These cookies take a few simple ingredients and are ready in 10 minutes.
For this recipe, we’re using a really delicious (and easy) sugar cookie recipe and topping it off with some fun red, white and blue start sprinkles.
I love how soft and moist these cookies turned out. And what is fun about this, is all you have to do is pick a different set of sprinkles and you can have a whole different theme. Make them for a birthday, another holiday, or just for fun.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Butter. Make sure this has sat out to room temperature before trying to mix it.
- Vanilla. Real vanilla (not imitation) always gives the best flavor if you’ve got it.
- Flour. All purpose – not self-rising.
- Baking Powder.
- Sprinkles. Any red, white and blue sprinkles you’d like!
How To Make Red White and Blue Sugar Cookies
- Mix. With an electric mixer, beat the butter, egg, vanilla and sugar together until it’s nice and smooth.
- Stir. In a different bowl, stir together the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Combine. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to the wet until it’s combined.
- Roll. Scoop out tablespoon sized balls and onto your baking sheet and flatten just slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake. Bake for 8-10 minutes and when the cookies come out, press the sprinkles on top.
Keep these in an airtight container and enjoy within 3-5 days.
More Cookie Recipes To Try
- 2 Sticks Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the mixing bowl, mix butter, egg, vanilla and sugar together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with the flour and then add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be stiff. DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH.
- Scoop into tablespoon sized balls and place on a nonstick pan.
- Slightly flatten each ball with a spoon/spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place sprinkles on the cookies. They should stick due to the cookies being warm.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve & enjoy!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.