These St. Patrick’s Day cake mix cookies are my favorite because they are so easy to make. You literally only need three ingredients!
Cake mix cookies are soft, moist and full of flavor. If you’ve never made them, you’re going to want to start.
Try our St. Patrick’s Day breakfast recipes, too!
St. Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
For these green St. Patrick’s Day cake mix cookies you’re going to need a box of white cake mix, two eggs and 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil. Yep, that’s it!
When you’ve mixed all that up, add 10 drops of green food coloring. I used liquid drops, but if you use gel you may need a little less. You can keep going until you get the color you’re wanting.
I like to use a tablespoon to scoop these out so I keep all the cookies the same size. You can use your fingers to reshape them into a circle once they’re on the sheet.
Remember, anything you take out of the oven continues to bake a little while it sits on the hot pan. Make sure you take these (and really, any other cookies) out of the oven as soon as you see the edge begin to brown.
Also, depending on the exact size of your cookie, it could take more or less time. Just set the timer for about 7 minutes and then start checking.
One thing I like to do, is to use two baking sheets so I can make almost all the cookies at once and be done.
Another quick tip, is to use parchment paper on the baking sheet. This keeps them from sticking to the pan and it also makes it so easy to pull them off. Just grab the ends of the sheet and all the cookies are lifted off the pan at once!
Grab your favorite kind of icing (I used cream cheese frosting) frost the cookies and then sprinkle green dusting sugar on top. These cake mix cookies will be ready to eat in no time!
Here are the printable directions for St. Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookies.
St. Patrick's Day Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1 jar cream cheese frosting or your favorite frosting
- green sanding sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together all your ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Scoop out cookie mix onto baking sheet using a tablespoon.
- Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. The size of the cookie will depend on how long it takes to cook.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet until the cool.
- Once totally cooled, frost the cookie and sprinkle with green sugar.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.