My name is Elizabeth, most people call me Liz. I’m 30-something, I live in Kansas, I’m married, have a rambunctious little boy and a sassy little girl.
I started blogging over a decade ago, when nobody had blogs or knew what they were. Did you say you have a bog? The only reason why I had it was because my mom had one so I thought, hey, I should get me one of those. It was right at the time my boyfriend (and now husband) started dating and I had cute stories about him and our new puppies there. I don’t know what happened but that blog disappeared; vanished. It’s a cold case now. I realized then how much I loved documenting our lives and stories about what is going on in our world.
When my husband and I got engaged I started a new blog, this blog, and here we are years later. Still truckin’.
We got married outside in an uber small ceremony that you can read about here and see few pictures of here.
One year and one month later I got pregnant. Nine months after that I had our baby boy via emergency c-section. (His birth story is here and here and you can watch his slideshow here). His name is Brady Madden and he is my world.
We found out we were expecting our second child, a baby girl, in October 2011. It was a hard pregnancy and I spent seven weeks on hospital bed rest.
Luckily, she was born happy and healthy on May 22nd, 2012. Her name is Paityn Luella and you can read her birth story here.
A few randoms about me:
- I met my husband when I was 12 (didn’t date him until seven years later though).
- I have way too many pet peeves including people that don’t use their blinkers, people who can’t take a hint and men who pee on the floor.
- I must have coffee every morning when I wake or else.
- I hate socks and shoes and wish we could go back to the cavemen days where we were all barefoot. I’d go barefoot everywhere if it weren’t for those pesky germs. And rocks.
- I’m terrible at math in an abnormal way. Like, please don’t ask me to add up how many people live at my house.
- I love Mexican food.
- I don’t eat anything that lives in water.
Here I discuss all things mom – which for me is blinding fumbling through parenthood, hoping for a happy and healthy marriage, feeding my family delicious food, and let’s face it, whatever else I feel like talking about that day.