Need a little help relaxing and getting to sleep at night? This moon milk drink may be exactly what you’ve been looking for.
It’s a simple recipe that you can make right in your kitchen that’s full of ingredients that are helpful to not only helping insomnia but also stress.
What is Moon Milk
Moon Milk is a drink with ingredients to calm you and help you sleep. Make this tonight to relieve stress and relax your body.
Moon Milk Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk (or Almond Milk if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 a teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (anti-inflammatory)
- A pinch of Ground Ginger (for brain function)
- A pinch of Nutmeg (for sleep and anti-stress)
- 1/2 a teaspoon Cocoa
- 1/4 a teaspoon Ashwaganda Powder
What is Ashwaganda Powder?
Ashwaganda powder is a an herb made from Ashwaganda plants India. It’s used a lot in Indian medicine and is said to help with all sorts of things like: anxiety, arthritis, insomnia, menstrual pain, inflammation and more.
Ashwagandha contains chemicals that might help calm the brain, reduce swelling (inflammation), lower blood pressure, and alter the immune system.
The flavor is far from tasty, so we put it in with other healing ingredients (with better tastes) to drink it.
How To Make Moon Milk
- Simmer the milk over low heat.
- Add spices and oil and simmer for 5 min.
- Pour into a mug and add honey for flavor.
Enjoy and let me know if you try this and what you think!
More Recipes To Try Next:
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.