This Key Lime Cocktail with rum and fresh key limes is a delicious summer slushie!
Just like with our Cotton Candy Margarita, we had a blast making this new yummy adults-only drink. If you’re like us and enjoy making a new recipe and sitting on the back porch on a warm day then stick with me!
Key Lime Cocktail
This isn’t just any drink, it’s a slushie! Yes, this is going to be nice and refreshing on the hot days.
I love Key Lime Pie and any time I can take the basics of that recipe and turn it into something new I’m all for it. Key Lime Pie Fudge, anyone??
Making The Slushie
The ingredients for this are simply:
- Key Limes. You’ll need to use 3 of the key limes whole and ten of them juiced.
- Coconut Rum. My favorite liquor to make cocktails with.
- Ice. This is what makes it a slushie.
Note: Don’t use regular limes – they are not the same!
Combine the limes, the ice and a cup of coconut rum in the blender and you’re all set. Easy, right?
For me, the easier the better.
What is the difference between a lime and a key lime?
They may look very similar but a key lime is totally different than your usual green limes.
The key lime is much smaller, seedier and has it’s own very unique flavor. Plus, they turn yellow after they’re picked.
Your key lime rum slushie will serve four, so feel free to double it up if you’ve got a few friends that want to try one as well. Enjoy!
More Drink Recipes To Enjoy
Key Lime Cocktail
- 10 Key Limes; juiced
- 3 Key Limes; whole
- 3 cups ice more if needed
- 1 cup coconut or silver rum
- Place key lime juice, 1 diced key lime(de-seeded), ice, and rum into a blender. Blend until you have the consistency of a slushie. If you need more ice add some.
- Slice remaining key limes into slices and top each drink with them. These are great for extra flavor while you eat the slushie.
We love to feature guest articles written by fantastic authors. Do you want to be a guest contributor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org