Here are the tell-tale signs that yep, you’re definitely getting older.
You guys, yesterday I turned 35. It’s strange, really, because in my brain I’m no more than 16. I know I’m not; I have children, a mortgage, life insurance and “grown-up” things. But I just don’t feel 35.
However, I pretty much match up to every single one of these signs that yes, I’m getting old. So I guess it’s happening whether I like it or not.
How old do you feel? How many of these do you identify with?
23 Signs You’re Definitely Getting Older
- You wake up sore. You have no idea why.
- Kids in High School looks no older than 12.
- You get really mad at loud music after 8PM.
- You keep Tums in your purse.
- You have a favorite spatula.
- People call you ma’am.
- You can’t find your glasses because they’re on your head.
- Music you love is on the oldies station.
- You gain 10 pounds overnight.
- You can’t stand thong underwear anymore.
- Friends aren’t getting married anymore, they’re getting divorced.
- You pick all your clothes based solely on comfort.
- You can’t stay up until midnight on New Years Eve.
- All the shorts at the store are too short for your Mom Bod.
- Your internal alarm wakes you up at 6AM instead of Noon.
- Kids you used to babysit are having their own kids.
- Coffe. Is. Life.
- When you sit on the floor it’s hard to get up.
- So much nose hair.
- You constantly forget why you just walked into the kitchen.
- You hate when kids walk through your yard on the way home from school.
- You get really excited about things like a new vaccuum.
- You get up to pee at least 3 times a night.
And here’s a bonus: You Have No Time for Fake Friends.
Tell me in the comments how you know you’re getting old. ♥
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.