Valentine’s Crack is one of my favorite Valentine treats to make. A base layer of crackers with butter and sugar on top, along with chocolate and sprinkles. It’s easy to make and super festive for the holiday.
We call it “Crack” because the base of this dessert is crackers. Who knew saltines could turn into a dessert?
I’m sure you have either made or at least heard of Christmas Crack before – it’s a pretty popular Christmas treat. This recipe is is made the same way, but we have made some Valentine’s Day adjustments!
Ingredients You Need
All you need is a few ingredients and you have a fun holiday dessert.
- Crackers – This is the base of all “crack” recipes.
- Brown Sugar – light or brown, it doesn’t matter.
- White Chocolate – I used chips but you could use almond bark or melting wafers.
- Pink Melting Wafers – your choice of a pale pink or a bright, vivid pink. I decided to use both. You could also try it with red.
- Sprinkles – there are lots of different ones to choose from. I used some little hearts and sugar.
How To Make Valentine’s Crack
Step One: Lay the crackers out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Step Two: Melt the butter with brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Once it’s all stirred together, crank the heat up and stir until the mixture thickens up. Then, pour it over the crackers.
Step Three: Bake the crackers in the oven for about 5-7 minutes on 325 degrees.
Step Four: When the crackers come out of the oven and they’re still hot, pour the chocolate chips over top. Melt the candy melts in the microwave and pour over the chocolate. Then, take a skewer or toothpick and swirl. Lastly, add sprinkles.
Step Five: Let the crack chill in the fridge until it has hardened. Use a knife to cut into cracker size pieces.
That’s it! Your kiddos will love eating this dessert and helping prepare it.
Store your Valentine Crack in the fridge in a baggy or plastic container.
Valentine’s Day Crack
- 40-50 Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 2 bags Pink candy melts
- Valentine sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray.
- Lay crackers out in an even row.
- In a saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar slowly over medium heat until melted.
- Once melted, increase heat to boiling and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour over the crackers and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over heated crackers.
- Melt your candy melts (as instructed on the package) and pour over white chocolate chips.
- Mix and swirl together as you’d like.
- Sprinkle with Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.