A Watermelon Margarita is a refreshing, frozen drink recipe that I love to enjoy in the warm months. Just a few ingredients is all you need.
I’ve been on such a cocktail making streak lately! I think it’s the break in the cold weather and an abundance of time on my hands with this whole self-isolation thing.
After you make this one, you’ve GOT to make the Strawberry Wine Punch!
Admittedly, I’ve never been a huge fan of watermelon. Usually, if it’s around I tend to skip it. But, the flavor of watermelon with tequila and triple sec is something I really like.
Here Is What You’ll Need
- Watermelon. Fresh watermelon gives this some really great flavor. You can often already find this chopped for you in the produce section of the grocery store.
- Tequila. Any brand will do here, just pick your favorite.
- Lime Juice. Fresh or from the bottle.
- Triple Sec.
- Sugar. This needs just a bit of added sweetness, but if you’re watching calories you can skip this or use agave nectar instead.
What To Do:
Ok so this is going to be really simple, ready? Just put the ingredients into your blender and blend!
I like to grab watermelon that’s already cut up for me, but if you buy a whole you’ll obviously need to chop it up first. Oh, and make sure you get rid of all the seeds.
I’ve also seen people freeze the watermelon for a bit so it’s nice and cold.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- 4 Cups of Watermelon
- 1/3 Cup of Tequila
- 1/4 Cup of Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup of Triple Sec
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup of Ice
- Cut watermelon into chunks.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until blended.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.