It happened… I got the flu. I had a feeling it was coming because I do live in the sickest state after all. But even with all of the news warning me how bad it was I thought I might be able to dodge it. I was wrong.
The flu sucks you guys, if you didn’t already know, and was felt worse than I realized. Here’s what I learned when I got the flu.
21 Things I Learned When I Had The Flu
1. 103 degree fevers are miserable.
2. They need to be handled quickly.
3. Always keep Tylenol in the medicine cabinet.
4. No matter how careful you think you are, you’ll still probably get it.
5. The flu test isn’t always accurate.
6. I was negative for Influenza on Friday and positive on Saturday.
7. Trips to the Emergency Room are expensive.
8. It’s really hard to stay away from your kids when you’re sick. They just want to hug their mama.
9. And it’s no fun to be locked away in your bedroom.
10. You can only nap and watch so much TV.
11. Thank God for moms and husbands that take care of you.
12. You won’t have an appetite for days.
13. Crackers and popsicles are your new diet.
14. Because of the news you will constantly be worried you’re dying.
15. Your anxiety will spike and you’ll be nervous to sleep.
16. Even when you feel better, you’ll be exhausted for a week or more.
17. Being tired is your new thing.
18. You’ll go bra-less and makeup free for what seems like forever.
19. And you’ll feel pretty sorry for yourself.
20. But eventually it passes.
21. And you will be so excited to feel like a human again.