One of the most important things I talk about around here is sleep. I learned quickly after having my first baby that a good night’s rest is what keeps my world turning smoothly. Going months on end without a solid night of sleep wasn’t something I could keep doing forever. I am no expert on the subject of sleep patterns, but I am someone who has learned a lot and is always looking for things that can help us. It seems like it should be easy – just lie down and go to sleep! Unfortunately, it’s not always that simple. An estimated 50–70 million adults in the United States suffer from chronic sleep or wakefulness issues.
The Light Bulb for Sleep
The amount of light that comes into our rooms and the type of light makes a big difference on our sleep. GE is introducing C by GE, two new amazing light bulbs and one of them is for sleep. I have never been this excited for a light bulb in my life! C-Sleep is an LED light bulb that works in sync with your sleep cycle. The power of light can have positive and negative impacts on internal clocks so if we could simulate the type of light that works well with our circadian rhythms* we could improve our readiness to sleep. That is exactly what C-Sleep does. It automatically transitions between warm calming light in the evening and cool, crisp light to help you wake up in the morning. I can truly say I am excited to get one (or two or ten…) of these in my house the minute I can. Especially with the pending doom of Daylight Savings Time that completely confuses my children (and most children). Getting them to bed on time while the sun is sometimes still shining can be difficult. I’m so excited for a lightbulb that can help!
There is another amazing light bulb, too. The C-Life bulb has a single soft-white color, and like the C-Sleep is fully controllable with your Bluetooth-enabled phone. And guess how long this bulb lasts? Twenty years. Yes, you read that right.
* According to the National Institute of Health, physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism’s environment.
How do you optimize your sleep? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/14/16-3/31/16.
Be sure to visit the C by GE brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.