Make Firecracker Chicken quick and easy right at home in the Instant Pot in under 10 minutes. No need for takeout when you can whip this up at home.
Firecracker Chicken Recipe
This chicken recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Brown sugar and siracha are the key ingredients for that delicious taste. Served over rice it makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Corn Starch
- Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
Start by dicing your chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, salt, pepper and rice vinegar in a bowl.
Coat the chicken in cornstarch and a little salt and pepper.
Place it in the Instant Pot on saute.
Once the chicken has browned, add the sauce over it.
Turn the Instant Pot to manual and cook for 6 minutes. Then, do a quick release.
Add sesame seeds and serve.
Want a little more spice?
If you really love spice and want even more of it in this recipe, you can add 1/8-1/4th a teaspoon of red chili pepper into the sauce mixture.
More Quick Dinner Ideas:
- Instant Pot
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast sliced
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- ¼ Cup Sriracha
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Coat chicken in corn starch.
- Put instant pot on sauté.
- Place chicken in the instant pot and brown.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha. salt, pepper, & rice vinegar.
- Once chicken is browned, pour in the sauce.
- Place instant pot onto manual for 6 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, quick release.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.