Crockpot Beer Brats are one of my favorite easy dinner recipes. It’s super simple and totally fool-proof. It’s perfect for game day, too!
We are all about the simple meals over here. Busy families just don’t always have time to spend in the kitchen. But hey, we still gotta eat, right?
Crockpot Beer Brats
This beer brat recipe is perfect if you don’t have a grill or it’s the middle of winter and standing outside is not in the cards for you.
Each Fall Sunday when the air is crisp and the sounds of football on TV fill the house, we like to find a new game day snack. We love our Spicy Chili and hot wings, but we like to switch it up now and again. Crockpot beer brats are great because they’re so dang easy to cook.
- Bratwurst. Any brand of original brats with no extra flavoring.
- Beer. We used a lager for this because it’s got stronger flavor. You can use whichever beer you’ve got in the house but the stronger the better.
- Butter. You’ll need a whole stick cut into pieces.
- Salt and Pepper. To taste.
- Onions. This adds a lot of flavor but if onions aren’t your thing you can skip them.
How To Cook Beer Brats In The Crock Pot
This really is super simple and impossible to mess up. Yes, there are only two steps!
- Prep. In a skillet brown the bratwurst a bit on either side.
- Cook. Add the brats, salt, pepper, onions and beer to the crockpot and cook for 3 hours.
What kind of bun do you use for brats?
One of the most important thing is to make sure you’ve got is good buns. For brats, you want a hard roll. We use hoagie buns for ours and love it. Of course, hot dog buns will do but just aren’t as good.
What are the best toppings for a bratwurst?
Ketchup and mustard are usually the top contenders. Second in line are sauerkraut, onions and relish. You can get creative and add all sorts of things – anything goes with bratwurst!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Crockpot Beer Brats
- 1 Package Original Bratwurst
- 4 oz Beer
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Large Red Onions Sliced •
- Mustard & Ketchup Optional Toppings
- Brown bratwurst on a skillet.
- Place bratwurst is the crockpot.
- Sprinkle in the onion, salt & pepper.
- Top with butter.
- Pour in the beer.
- Cook on high for 3hrs.
- Serve on buns & enjoy!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.