With a rim made of crushed candy and the bright red color, Candy Cane Mimosas are a holiday hit. If you want a cocktail recipe for Christmas that is quick, easy and totally delicious, check this one out.
Candy Cane Mimosa
I love a good mimosa. Combining juice and champagne was such a great idea, wasn’t it? For this recipe, we’re also adding a little bit of vodka to add the candy cane flavor.
Here Is What You’ll Need
- Champagne – there are lots of options to choose from here; just pick one you like. Traditionally, the best time of champagne for a mimosa is one that is labeled as “dry”.
- Vodka – Peppermint Twist is a seasonal vodka by Smirnoff that adds the perfect candy cane flavor.
- Cranberry Juice – again, just choose your favorite.
To decorate the rim:
- Candy Canes
- Vanilla/White Frosting
How To Make A Christmas Mimosa
First, crush a candy cane or two and spread it out on a plate.
Grab a glass and dip it in a bit of frosting, then into the candy cane to coat the rim.
Fill the glass with equal parts cranberry, vodka and champagne and stir gently.
Add a candy cane on top for garnish or to use as a stirrer.
How easy is that? The crushed candy cane rim is so simple but packs such a big punch. If you serve this at a party or a festive holiday dinner, people will love it, guaranteed.
Here Are More Holiday Cocktails to Try:
Candy Cane Mimosa
- 1 Part Champagne
- 1 Part Cranberry Juice
- 1 Part Peppermint Vodka
- 2 Candy Canes
- Vanilla Frosting
- Coat the rim of a champagne glass with vanilla frosting.
- Roll in crushed candy cane.
- Fill a champagne glass in equal parts champagne, peppermint vodka & cranberry juice.
- Garnish with a candy cane
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.