Chocolate and cherry are two flavors that always just go so good together. I love this Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake because it’s incredibly simple. Any time my family is in the mood for a sweet treat, this is a go-to recipe.
So what is a dump cake? Well, it’s a cake where the ingredients are “dumped” or poured right into the pan you are baking it in. It’s quick and simple and comes out perfect every time.
Ingredients You Need
This is a from scratch dump cake so with the exception of the cherries, you’ve probably got the ingredients in the pantry right now!
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Pitted Cherries
How To Make A Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- The first layer is the cherries – just pour them right into the baking dish.
- Mix up all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and then pour the flour mixture evenly over the cherries.
- Cube half a cup of butter (one stick) and place the cubes evenly over the flour mix. No need to stir everything together.
- Bake on 350 for about 35-40 minutes. Let it cool.
My favorite way to enjoy a chocolate cherry dump cake, is while it’s still a bit warm, with a scoop of cool ice cream. Everything tastes better with ice cream.
If cherries aren’t your thing, that’s OK. You can switch them up for blueberries by using a can of Oregon Whole Blueberries in light syrup. Try both!
More Great Recipes:
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- 3 cups cherries pitted and halved
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°C
- Grease a 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Place the cherries into the base of the dish.
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix to the top of the cherries.
- Place butter cubes on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.