This Watergate Salad is the best recipe you’ll find out there. It’s incredibly easy to make and ready in less than 5 minutes. Grab your ingredients, pile them up and enjoy.
If side dishes for a get-together or BBQ is what you’re after, check out our super simple Buffalo Chicken Dip.
You likely have seen this dessert salad called by many different names: Pistachio Delight, Shut the Gate salad or Green Stuff. No matter what you call it, it’s always full of pistachio, pineapple and marshmallows. Also, it’s always delicious.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Pistachio Jell-O Instant Pudding Mix.
- Crushed Pineapple.
- Mini Marshmallows.
- Pecans. You can exchange pecans for any nut you’d like, or leave it out if nuts aren’t your thing.
- Cool Whip.
- Cherries. If you want, you can leave this off since it’s really just for garnish.
How To Make Watergate Salad
You are going to love how easy this is to make. It’s what I always call a dump recipe but it requires almost nothing but “dumping” the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients minus the whipped topping in a bowl.
- When they’re all combined, fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the salad into a serving dish, top it with some cherries and maybe a few more sprinkled nuts and enjoy.
I’m sure this is a recipe you have tried in the past. It could be an old family classic that you used to have at Grandma’s that you totally forgot about it. In fact, that’s what happened to me: after I made this all the BBQ memories came flooding back to me.
Have you ever had Watergate Salad before?
More Recipes To Try Next:
- ¾ oz pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans or nuts of your choice
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Cherries for garnish
- Place pudding mix, pineapple, marshmallows and nuts in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with a cherry.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.