Lunch Lady Brownies are the best dessert ever! These fudge brownies with homemade chocolate frosting on top are everyone’s favorite.
Do you remember those chocolate brownies from Elementary School? When those were on the menu, everyone was so excited! So far, I’ve never seen them at my kids school, but given the amount of sugar in these, it makes total sense.
I decided to make something really nostalgic and try my hand at lunch lady brownies. Ready?
Lunch Lady Brownies
These aren’t just really tasty, they’re pretty easy as well. Yes, they are a from scratch recipe, so they take a bit more time than the box mix, but it’s really worth it. Trust me on this.
Next recipe to try: Strawberry Brownies
Everything you’ll need is a basic pantry staple. Super simple ingredients for a deliciously scrumptious dessert.
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
Lunch Lady Brownies Recipe
- Prep. Grab your baking dish and line it with aluminum foil. I have Non-Stick foil which is super handy. Spray with with cooking spray.
- Mix. Melt two sticks of butter and mix with cocoa powder. Then add the flour and sugar. Last, the eggs and vanilla.
- Bake. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Frost. Make the frosting by mixing all the ingredients together and pouring over the warm brownies.
If you want, you can skip the chocolate frosting on top, but it’s highly recommended. These are SUPER rich and chocolatey so make sure you’ve got some milk on hand to serve with them!
Keep these in the fridge and enjoy them or up to a week.
You are going to love this recipe and find yourself making them over and over. Enjoy!
More Recipes To Try Next:
Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Melt two sticks of butter, and mix with cocoa powder with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and flour and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the brownies cool, make the frosting.
- Using a mixer, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Frost the brownies after they have cooled about 75% of the way but are still slightly warm.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to cool completely before cutting.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.