These hot chocolate bombs are so much fun for Valentine’s Day. My kids and I have had a blast watching these burst open under hot milk. Plus, the hot cocoa is so yummy, especially on these cold winter days.
XOXO Hot Chocolate Bombs
Have you made a hot cocoa bomb yet? If you haven’t jumped on board this fun trend, then Valentine’s Days is certainly a great time to start.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Ingredients
The recipe list for these is pretty small and simple. Let’s do it!
- Hot Cocoa. Your favorite mix will work fine. We used Swiss Miss.
- White Chocolate Candy Melts. This is what forms the ball.
- Miniature Marshmallows. Cocoa just isn’t complete with marshmallows.
- White Icing. This is to adhere the xoxo to the bomb.
- XOXO Icing Decorations. You can find these at Walmart and most grocery stores.
- Sphere Silicone Mold. We grabbed ours on Amazon.
How To Make Your Valentine Bomb
- Melt – slowly melt the white chocolate until it’s smooth. Be careful not to overcook or it will burn.
- Mold – spread the white chocolate on the mold to cover each sphere completely. Let it harden in the fridge for about 45 min.
- Fill – remove the chocolate spheres and fill three of the six with cocoa and marshmallows.
- Connect – add the top of the ball to the bottom by slightly melting the empty half and connecting it to the bottom. To do that, we microwave a glass plate for a minute and set the chocolate on it.
- Decorate – use the icing to add the XOXO on top and enjoy!
One of my favorite things about cocoa bombs is just how many new and fun ways you can make them. You can add things to the inside like sprinkles or candy and you can decorate the outside with lots of fun decorations.
They can be made for any holiday or color scheme. In fact, I’m thinking of next making some for the Superbowl with our team colors!
XOXO Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 12 oz Bag White Candy Melts
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chocolate Per Bomb
- Mini Marshmallows
- White icing
- XoXo Candies
- 6 Sphere Silicon Mold
- Pour candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until melts have fully melted.
- Spread the candy melts up the sides of the mold until every bit of the mold is covered.
- Let the molds sit for about 5 minutes & re-spread any of the candy melts that sank to the bottom of the molds.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Once set, carefully remove the candy melt spheres from the mold.
- Fill the half of the spheres with the hot cocoa powder & marshmallows.
- Place a glass plate in the microwave for one minute.
- Remove the plate and immediately place each chocolate sphere on the hot place to heat the edges.
- Place each heated sphere on each filled sphere. You can use the tip of your finger to smooth the melted candy around the seam.
- Use the icing as a glue to add the xoxo’s to the bomb.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.