This 3 ingredient Banana Bread recipe is quickly becoming my favorite way to bake bread. Why use 6 ingredients when you only need half?
If I told you how often I made this stuff, I would be embarrassed. My family not only is totally obsessed with banana bread but we ALWAYS have over ripe bananas that need attention.
There is no need to toss those ugly black bananas!
3 Ingredient Banana Bread
For years and years I have stuck with my moms old recipe of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread which I still really adore. But I was making this stuff so often that doing it simpler would be great.
Luckily, I found a way to make it with just 3 ingredients!
Ingredients You Need
- A box of yellow cake mix. Any brand will do, but make sure it’s yellow and not white.
- Bananas. The older the better.
What To Do
- Smush the bananas with a fork. (I usually do this part on a plate because it’s what I find easiest.)
- Mix ingredients. Add the eggs and cake mix together in a large bowl.
- Bake. Split the batter into two small loaf pans and bake on 350 for about 20 minutes. It’s done with the top starts to brown and a toothpick comes out clean. The more batter in a pan the longer it takes.
Optional (But awesome)
Add chocolate chips! We almost never make our 3 ingredient banana bread without them. When you’re done mixing your ingredients, just add half a bag of chips and give it one or two stirs to combine it.
You can also sprinkles a few on top of the batter once it’s in the pan.
More Great Recipes to Try!
Pin this recipe for later.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.