Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief compensated me in connection with statements made in this post.
It seems like with each of my favorite seasons, we are bombarded with the pain of allergies. I have long suffered the annoying nasal congestion, runny nose, the incredibly itchy eyes and itchy nose.
Now though, I have two more members of the family who feel awful several times a year when they get hit with allergies. My kiddos. I hate seeing them with snot running out of their nose constantly. I know how miserable they feel because I have felt that way oh so many times. It’s hard to treat their allergies, too.
And I don’t want them missing out! I want my kids to be able to play outside and enjoy being kids without wiping their noses or scratching at their eyes. Being stuck inside is not an option.
Keep Your Kids Having Fun Right through Allergy Season
I’ve come to find a few things that I think are crucial to keeping them feeling their best even during allergy season.
1. Keep The Windows Shut. I know how important opening up the windows in your home is, and when we are feeling good, we try and do it often. But if there is even a hint of allergies or the pollen count is high, we kept them shut. Once it gets in your home, it’s hard to get out, so we try our best to keep this place as allergen free as possible. We need to have a place to go to where we are free from allergens. (source)
2. Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief for kids ages 4+. I have used the adult version of this over the counter medicine and have had great results. I’m so excited that they have a children’s version now because it helps block six allergic substances, not just one*.
Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief is a non-habit forming anti-inflammatory that works in their noses to help block the allergic reaction that make them uncomfortable. It’s also the only OTC nasal spray indicated to relieve both nasal congestion and itchy water eyes. Just follow the label and remember that consistent usage is key. For Children 4 to 11 years of age, talk to your child’s doctor if your child needs to use the spray for longer than two months a year.
*Mechanism vs. most OTC allergy pills. Flonase acts on multiple inflammatory substances (histamine, prostaglandins, cytokines, tryptases, chemokines and leukotrienes). The exact number and precise mechanism are unknown.
3. Drink a lot of water. This is more crucial than I realized at first. There was a great study that explained dehydration triggers histamine production which will make us sneeze even more! Plus, drinking lots of water can thin mucus, and just all around keeps our body healthy.
4. Daily Showers. Make sure when the kiddos get in from playing outside that they remove the clothes they were wearing and they get cleaned up. The allergens are stuck everywhere, on our skin, our hair, and our clothes. Getting thoroughly clean after a long day of outdoor play is crucial. (source)
Easily earn points whenever you purchase Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief, watch videos and read articles, complete surveys, complete your member profile, and share content with friends. Be greater than your allergies, while earning Greater Rewards! Join today and you’ll immediately earn points and save up to $4 with a FLONASE® coupon.
Now for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, tell me in the comments below, how do you keep your house allergen free?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/11/2016 – 9/30/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by FLONASE® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare