How adorable are these unicorn donuts?! My daughter is totally obsessed with all things unicorn (everyone is right now!) and she loves helping me make these.
These vanilla flavored donuts with a beautiful pink and purple glaze on top are not only delicious but they are actually pretty easy to make!
Miniature Unicorn Donuts
Here’s what you’ll need:
- (2) 12 count mini donut pans (you can get them on Amazon here)
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. water
- purple gel food coloring
- pink gel food coloring
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream or Half & Half
- 1 large freezer storage bags
- kitchen scissors
- non-stick cooking spray
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 count mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, oil and water.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring to the batter and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the large freezer bag.
- Snip the corner of the freezer bag and fill the mini donut wells with batter.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once the donuts have cooled, remove them from the donut pan and set aside.
- Combine the powdered sugar and creamer.
- Add 1 drop of each food coloring to the glaze.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl the colors (be careful to not completely mix the colors together).
- Dip the donuts one at a time in the glaze and then add sprinkles.
- After dipping 2-3 donuts in the glaze, add another drop of each food coloring and gently swirl the colors.
- Repeat with all donuts.
These would be so fun to make for fun or for a special birthday breakfast. Yum!
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.