Crispy and coated in breadcrumbs, this Air Fryer Asparagus is the perfect dinner side dish. It goes with fish, chicken, pork, and almost anything you pop on the grill.
Crispy Air Fryer Asparagus is a fave in my house. My kids would mutiny if I tried to feed them soft asparagus. If you’re looking for something easy to make with it, I’ve served it with chicken parmesan sandwiches. Sometimes I add some crumbled air-fried bacon and that really kicks it up a notch.
How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
All you’ll need is 4 ingredients and some cooking spray for this yummy side dish. It’s quick and easy and great for anyone who isn’t usually a fan of this veggie.
- Fresh Asparagus
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- An egg
To make this, simply bread the asparagus by coating it in egg, flour, egg again, then breadcrumbs. Cook in the air fryer and enjoy! The full step-by-step directions are listed below for you to print and follow.
Making air fryer asparagus is super quick and easy. You can even take the same basic recipe and change it up. With a few little tweaks, you have 10 new dishes!
10 yummy ways you can update this recipe:
- Lemon Butter Sauce: Melted butter and fresh lemon juice create a tangy and rich touch for asparagus.
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle balsamic glaze over asparagus for a slightly sweet, tangy, and caramelized flavor.
- Hollandaise Sauce: A delicious sauce made with egg yolks and high-quality butter.
- Parmesan Cheese: Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Garlic Butter: Infuse melted butter with minced garlic for a tried and true favorite.
- Sesame Soy Glaze: A tasty mix of soy sauce, sesame oil, and a touch of honey that pairs well with asparagus.
- Chipotle Mayo: Spicy chipotle mayo adds a smoky kick to crunchy asparagus.
- Pistachio Pesto: Blend roasted pistachios, fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese for a flavorful and nutty pesto that pairs wonderfully with asparagus.
- Tarragon Mustard Sauce: Combine Dijon mustard, fresh tarragon, lemon juice, and a hint of honey for a unique flavor.
- Truffle Oil: Drizzle a small amount of truffle oil over the asparagus for a delicate and earthy flavor.
Serve this up with any weeknight dinner for your family. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb Asparagus
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Dip the asparagus into the beaten eggs.
- Roll in flour & then re-dip in the eggs.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded asparagus onto the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
Liz is a just a mom trying to keep it real about how little she sleeps, how often she gets puked on and how much she loves them. You can find her here every day writing about real-mom moments.